Vander Haag’s began as the South Side Junkyard, a scrap iron and metal business which supported the war effort, in Sanborn, Iowa in 1939. Under the vision of John C. Vander Haag Sr., Vander Haag’s is now a recognized leader in serving the trucking industry. Their primary focus has always been serving their customers.
John Sr. saw the need to provide quality recycled salvaged parts in the later years of the war when new parts became more and more difficult to obtain. In 1955, John C. Vander Haag Jr. took over the business after 20 years of success in the automotive salvage industry. He continued to build on the customer-focused foundation instilled by his father.
John C. moved the company headquarters to Spencer, Iowa to help foster better service in providing truck parts and repair services. His vision has been expanded under the current leadership of John M. Vander Haag which has enabled Vander Haag’s to become a recognized leader nationwide in the Used Truck Sales, Parts, Service, and Equipment Industry. Give the a call at 1-888-940-5030, visit the online at www.vanderhaags.com or stop by today.