Enjoy a couple of cocktails, sit back, relax, and soak in some jazz.
Special thanks to our patrons who donate to support the band to help us present a FREE Big Band for all ages! Come and Get Your Swing on!
LEARN THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TAKEN TO MAKE THIS EVENT SAFE DURING THESE COVID-19 TIMES IN THE FIRST COMMENT IN THE DISCUSSION BELOW.
Together with the staff at the @ArnoldsPark, we have decided to cautiously move forward with our 7th Season of Jazzed Up Big Band.
Due to COVID-19, Jazzed Up Big Band may be the only live music in the Roof Garden in 2020. We do not take this lightly and are taking the following steps:
● Everyone, including musicians, will undergo a temperature screening before entering the Roof Garden.
● We ask that you stay home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are feeling ill.
● All guests are encouraged to wear face coverings. 😷
● The band will set up 6′ – 8′ apart from each other, as shown in the event photo.
● We ask that you stay 12 – 16 feet away from the band. The floor will be marked. Please respect this boundary.
● Tables will be 11′ apart to allow 2.5′ for your chair and 6′ between your chair and the chairs at the next closest table.
● Every other booth will be available for seating to allow for social distancing.
● Reserved tables and booths are available by contacting Rick Ayres. Our patrons will have priority on available seating.
● We expect to safely be able to sit 100 – 200 depending on individual comfort levels. This represents 10-20% of room capacity.
● If one person or a couple does not want to sit with others, no one else will be allowed at that table or booth. When the room is full per everyone’s seating comfort levels, no one else will be admitted.
● Please respect social distancing and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between your group and others.
● Please respect your bartender and server. Tip them well. They are working to make your evening enjoyable.
● Please comply with posted signage and staff direction related to COVID-19 measures.
● @jazzedupbigband operates entirely from the support of generous patrons and donations at the door. All funds raised are used to pay the musicians.
Due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty of having a season this summer, I did not send out appeal letters for donations. If you have been a donor in the past or would like to support Jazzed Up Big Band to keep live big band music at the Roof Garden, please mail your donations to:
Jazzed Up Big Band, PO Box 343, Okoboji IA 51355. Make checks payable to Historic Arnolds Park to receive the fullest tax deduction allowed by law.
Sincerely, Thank you!
Jazzed Up Big Band
The Roof Garden