4th through 8th graders are invited to join us for a day of science, technology, engineering, math and creative arts!
● Archery: On Target – Test your aim and apply Newton’s Laws to help you shoot for a bullseye. How far can your arrow fly? What forces will impact its path?
● Bead Builders – Discover the properties of polymers while designing your own creation with polymer clay. Then, take your creation home to bake and use!
● Biomimicry: Animal Inspired Design – Seek design inspiration from one of Dickinson County’s Animal Ambassadors. Each team will have a mascot to research and observe, and create a model/design to help humans live more comfortably.
● Det-EGG-tive – Become an Egg-spert and discover the difference between conventional, cage free, colored and dried egg. Find out about food safety and see what Rembrandt has cooked up for you!
● Drone Discovery – Put your communication and teamwork skills to the test as we explore the basics of coding and maneuver our drones through obstacles and challenges.
● Eye Can See – Become a lab scientist to discover parts of the eye and their functions. Can you use the lens of an eye to magnify text? See what you can do!
● Resource Rescue – Build a bioreactor, explore water quality and follow water through terrain that you design. Discover how you can help our environment and our water supply!
● Power Up Soldering – Explore soldering terminology and technique all while assembling an electrified take-home project! See if you can make your own gadget glow with soldering tech!
All youth will attend all the sessions in a different order. If your child would like to be in the same group as a friend or sibling, please specify that when registering.
Check-in at the beginning of the day (8:45 a.m.) and Pick-up at the end of the day (3:00 p.m.) will be at Waitt Lab. Youth must bring their own sack lunch.
Registration for this event opens March 29th at http://form.jotform.com/ISUDickinsonCounty/2021-STEAMfest and is limited to the first 48 registrants.
Questions? Contact 712-336-3488 or email email@example.com.
April 24, 2021 9:00 am
9:00 am — 3:00 pm (6h)
Iowa Lakeside Laboratory