This is a full time position located on our Estherville Campus. Primary responsibility will be to oversee and plan recruiting events, provide college preparation advising and information about Iowa Lakes Community College to prospective students, help create marketing pieces, and be responsible for the admissions office daily operations. This position may travel between campuses to coordinate recruiting events.
ESSENTIAL RECRUITING DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF TIME)
- To plan and coordinate recruiting events such as Laker Visit Days, summer Orientation Days, College Fairs, Career Day, First Day Activities/College 101, and county fairs for new and prospective students.
- Serve as the primary contact in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours, and providing college information.
- Maintain an understanding of all academic programs at Iowa Lakes Community College.
- Assist students with program advising and admissions questions.
- Develop e-recruiting and social networking recruitment efforts.
- Manage online inquiry processes.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise student Laker Crew Ambassadors.
- Coordinate Laker Crew Ambassador calling, texting, and written correspondence with prospective students.
- Design and develop marketing and promotional materials for Admissions.
- Be the primary support for Enrollment Coaches when they are on the road.
- Communicate with administration, faculty, and other staff about recruitment efforts and initiatives.
- Operate the admissions phone system and process inquiries.
- Work with international students as a DSO (Designated School Official).
- Attend and participate in student services and all-campus meetings
- Create and maintain an updated admissions database.
- Address inquiries on the telephone via email and through personal campus visits.
- Prepare and mail correspondence.
- Compile or prepare data reports as requested.
- Data entry of ACT scores, recruitment lists, prospective student cards, and email inquiries.
- Create mail merge files; compose and send emails, texts, and letters.
- Serve on assigned committees.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Self-starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of e-recruitment and social networking technologies.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Must have the ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Utilize consultative sales processes and coaching methods to recruit prospective students.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Must possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and the important role we play in the state educational system. Excellent planning, sales, advising and computer skills along with a willingness to travel are essential.
SALARY: $15.84 per hour
FRINGE BENEFITS: Paid medical leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Review of applications will begin October 22, 2018.