General Job Summary:
This is a full-time faculty position primarily at the Estherville Campus. Instructor is responsible for teaching classes as defined by the College which includes classes taught face to face or over other virtual modalities. May include travel to other campuses. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures.
% of Time Constant (67-100%)
- Effectively organize and teach in contracted courses in accordance with established syllabi. Assignments may include various delivery formats, methods, work schedules and locations.
- Assess student learning to evaluate, report and record student performance and progress in accordance with College and division guidelines.
- Maintain current course syllabi and provide student guides for all courses taught.
- Maintain established office hours.
- Be available for student consultation and make referrals, when deemed necessary, to other College personnel, such as Campus Dean, Counselor, Financial Aid, etc. for more specialized information and assistance.
- Attend and serve on assigned and voluntary program and College committees.
- Assist in the development of new courses and revisions of existing courses in discipline area.
- Assist in the Marketing of College programs and admission of students, including recruitment and orientation of students.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities and keep current with developing trends and ideas in profession.
- Assist in the process of requesting and maintaining instructional equipment and supplies for classroom use.
- Assist the supervisor in budgeting process.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of communications within the College and community.
- Travel between the campuses to instruct assigned courses as needed.
- Encourage and foster student participation in professional organizations, College activities and community activities.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
View complete job description and application at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409. EEO/AA Employer