General Job Summary: This is a full-time position located on the Estherville Campus. Supervise and coordinate activities of custodial staff engaged in cleaning and maintaining buildings, dorms, grounds, roads, parking lots, sidewalks, snow removal, and equipment. General knowledge of computer software applications. Knowledge of safe operational work procedures. Honesty, integrity, and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion required. Job duties may be performed at all campuses and in all buildings or facilities. Holiday, evening, and weekend work required as needed. This is an “essential” personnel position and will require the employee to work during periods of adverse weather and when the college is closed.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Supervise and coordinate daily custodial duties in an assigned area, such as: mop floor, shampoo and vacuum carpets, wipe chalk whiteboards, clean bathrooms, empty waste baskets, replenish expendable supplies, change light bulbs, clean walls, wash windows, etc. Ability to fill-in when needed.
- Monitor and coordinate repairs or maintenance needs and perform minor maintenance for housing and campus.
- Act as security personnel by monitoring unusual activities or personnel.
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Manage Persona Housing lock system and college key/lock system.
- Move materials, furniture and equipment between classrooms, buildings, and campuses. Set up rooms for various activities.
- Coordinate and operate snow removal and lawn care equipment.
- Provide guidance to work study students and any other program participants.
- Remove ice or snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots.
- Make minor electrical, plumbing and construction repairs.
- Responsible for campus housing cleaning, maintenance and call-outs.
- COVID, ADA, Safety and OSHA compliance.
Special Demands: Light to medium work. Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly to lift or move objects. Must be able to perform routine stooping, bending, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions continually. Occasional kneeling and crawling. May be subject to bio-hazardous waste, chemicals; moving mechanical parts; electrical current; working on scaffolding and ladders; atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system or the skin; fumes, odors, dust, mists, gasses or poor ventilation; noise; and vibrators. Must complete Bloodborne Pathogens Training because of potential exposure to blood or body fluids while performing cleaning duties. Will be required to attend all safety meetings, CPR training and other work-related training. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or willingness to obtain equivalency required.
Salary: $21.37 base per hour / potential for differential based on skills.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.
Review of applications will begin September 13, 2021. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 S. 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334. EEO/AA Employer