Come join our team as we embark on an exciting journey in opening our new Office Furniture manufacturing facility in Milford, IA!
As a Buyer with Mayline-Safco you will purchase direct materials to support internal plant manufacturing schedule demands, and indirect/MRO goods and services as required to support plant operational and facility needs.
This full-time position reports directly to the Inventory/Production Control Manager and is located in Mayline-Safco’s recently acquired plant location Milford, Iowa.
ADDITIONALLY, IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Generate Purchase Orders to approved suppliers for direct materials to support internal manufacturing plan demand requirements
- Secure supplier Purchase Order acknowledgements and maintain accurate expected delivery data in ERP
- Maintain on-going accuracy of system information to include suppliers and product parameters (e.g. lead times, minimum order quantities, safety stock)
- Monitor supplier Purchase Orders to ensure on time delivery along with managing expedite, cancellations and delay messages.
- Generate/distribute Supplier Scorecards monthly. Work with Sourcing / Suppliers to improve scorecards as required
- Manage inventory to achieve targeted inventory turns and dollar levels
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Generate Purchase Orders to approved supplier for indirect / MRO goods and services, based upon approved requisitions
- Secure and maintain supplier records for supplier Certificates of Insurance where required
- Other duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
You WILL excel in this role if:
- You bring solid problem solving skills. You carefully analyze what’s contributing to the unwanted situation, propose interventions to achieve the desired state, evaluate the best solutions, implement the plan and follow up to assess the effectiveness of the intervention/solution. You’re diligent and creative as you bring people together to drive resolution.
- You bring a sense of urgency to your work. You’re organized and disciplined. You are recognized for your ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands within fast-paced and often compressed-schedule environment. You understand that priorities may change often, driven by the needs of external and internal customers.
To qualify, you will bring:
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years related business experience
- Basic purchasing principles and concepts
- Basic inventory management principles and concepts
- Basic logistics principles
- Business system software experience – JDE/Oracle experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Problem solving / analysis
- Detail orientation
- Managing internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Only candidates who meet the minimum job requirements will be considered. This position does not provide financial support for relocation or Visa sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from independent recruiters or recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Learn more about our family of companies: www.LibertyDiversified.com