General Job Summary: On a part-time basis in assigned area hospitals and other health care institutions, supervise, instruct and evaluate students in a Medical/Surgical, Obstetrics, and Nursing Home lab/clinical setting. Clinical rotation may be days, evenings and/or weekends depending on availability of clinical sites.
% of Time
- Supervise, demonstrate, and teach student nurses in a clinical setting according to established nursing standards. Assignments may include various delivery formats, methods, work schedules, and locations.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress according to College and nursing program guidelines.
- Monitor student progress and performance and make referrals when deemed necessary to other College personnel, such as the Director of Nursing and Health Careers, other instructors, counselors, Financial Aid, etc. for more specialized information and assistance.
- Orient students to clinical sites.
- Conduct pre- and post-conferences.
- Attend and serve on assigned committees of the Nursing Program and the College.
- Be available to advise and assist students at periods of time designated by the supervisor.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities to maintain currency in occupational area.
- Assist in the process of requisitioning and maintaining materials and supplies needed in the clinical classrooms.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship.
* May potentially be subject to bio-hazardous waste, hazardous chemicals, fumes and odors.
* Persons must satisfy OSHA requirements for Bloodborne Pathogens training or complete the College’s programs.
* Comply with Iowa Administration Code Rules (59.12 (3)) regarding health exam and tuberculin test.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: BSN or sustained progress toward BSN required. Two years clinical experience required. Prior teaching experience preferred. Must be currently licensed as a registered nurse in Iowa. (Individuals are currently licensed when licensed in another state and recognized for licensure in Iowa, pursuant to the nurse licensure compact contained in Iowa Code Section 152E.1)
Salary: $30-$31/hour Depending on Education
Review of applications will begin immediately. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Contact Tammy Shimon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-852-5293. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334. EEO/AA Employer