General Job Summary: This is a full-time position in the Continuing Education Department of Iowa Lakes Community College, Estherville, Iowa. Primary duties are to coordinate and teach energy sector courses and related training. The Industry Training Programmer is responsible for scheduling and promoting Global Wind Organization (GWO) certifications, other industry credentials, and short-term training programs specifically for wind, solar, and other energy fields. Safety and compliance training are also areas of responsibility for the programmer. Programmer will collaborate with business and industry to develop and deliver training programs. Successful candidate must be highly motivated and work with minimal supervision. In addition, this position may require some evening and weekend hours, and occasional overnight travel. This position is contingent upon the programmer generating revenue adequate to cover all costs associated with the program.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Develop, coordinate, and instruct GWO and other certification courses.
- Manage high demand for certifications and industry demand for short-term training experiences.
- Establish and maintain an annual training calendar.
- Schedule courses in Augusoft and maintain accurate and complete records for students, companies, and regulatory agencies.
- Market services in the area to expand opportunities.
- Perform routine maintenance for program equipment.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain a realistic budget to accomplish stated training activities.
- Develop and coordinate appropriate curriculum as needed.
- Locate appropriate instructor(s) and specialized trainers and evaluate performance.
- Issue certificates of completion and other documents as necessary to document training.
- Develop and offer safety, certification courses for individuals working in the energy sector.
- Attend annual industry conference to stay current or ahead of training opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing communications with other areas of continuing education to ensure efficient coordination of similar training.
- Participate on assigned and voluntary community, college, and state committees.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s Degree in Wind Energy, Electrical or related field AND three year’s work experience within the energy industry. GWO Certification preferred, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Instructional experience desired.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.
Review of applications will begin immediately. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334. EEO/AA Employer