General Job Summary: This is a full-time position located at the Emmetsburg Campus. Our strategic priorities, to serve our communities and grow a skilled workforce, requires a Director who brings an electrifying personality and demeanor to a thriving team. Primary responsibilities include mentoring and supervising staff, budget management, and scheduling relevant classes and programs for individuals and businesses. The Director will be able to collaborate with other departments across the College and plays a major role in the continued service to un- and under-employed populations.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee existing Career-Focused programs and staff.
- Hire and evaluate adjunct instructors (career-focused programs).
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with various clients of the College – ranging from students, employees, and volunteers to individuals and businesses in our communities.
- Understand and ensure usage of the department databases and software programs to expand prospective student candidates.
- Establish and maintain an annual course calendar.
- Advocate the growth mindset and adhere to college brand through all marketing materials.
- Create and pilot additional short-term, career-focused classes and/or programs that respond to a regional workforce demand for skilled employees, mainly in the areas of business and finance.
- Provide leadership and utilize data to measure outcomes and evaluate programs. Assist in the development strategies to recruit and retain students and transition to College, whenever possible.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned staff members.
- Collaborate with both internal and external constituents that include, but aren’t limited to, college leadership, admissions staff, high school partnerships, and colleagues across the state.
- Manage/monitor several budgets.
- Assist in developing short and long-term goals for the Department.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
Special Demands: Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, and pulling occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, viewing various types of close visual work and repetitive motion constantly (67-100%). Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. A minimum of three years in management/supervisor experience with evidence of leadership, self-directed initiative, and ability to motivate required.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.
Review of applications will begin September 20, 2021. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334. EEO/AA Employer