Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
2. Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
3. Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
4. Cleans and lubricates parts.
5. Orders replacement parts.
6. Inspects completed repairs.
7. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Requisitions new parts and equipment.
9. Ability to run most shop equipment such as: mills, drill presses, lathes, etc.
10. Independently isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler.
11. Works independently on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
12. Relies on experience and judgment to plan resolution of questions and problems.
13. May orient, train, and review the work of lower level employees.
14. Must be able to fabricate and design independently.
15. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
16. Applies mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
17. All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of five (5) years prior related experience is required or an associate's degree with a minimum of 3 years related experience is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour