General Job Summary: This is a full-time faculty position shared between the Emmetsburg and Spencer Campuses. Instructor is responsible for teaching classes as defined by the College which includes classes taught face to face or over other virtual modalities. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Will require travel between campuses.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Effectively organize, teach and evaluate student performance and progress in assigned course offerings in accordance with established syllabi. Assignments may include various delivery formats, methods, work schedules and locations.
- Assess student learning to evaluate, report and record student performance and progress in accordance with College and division guidelines.
- Maintain current course syllabi and provide student guides for all courses taught.
- Maintain established office hours.
- Serve as academic advisor to students and make referrals, when deemed necessary, to other College personnel, such as Campus Dean, Counselor, Financial Aid, etc. for more specialized information and assistance.
- Attend and serve on assigned and voluntary program and College committees.
- Assist in the development of new courses and revisions of existing courses in discipline area.
- Assist in the marketing of college programs and admission of students, including recruitment and orientation of students.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities and keep current with developing trends and ideas in profession.
- Assist in the process of requesting and maintaining instructional equipment and supplies for classroom use.
- Assist the supervisor in budgeting process.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of communications within the College and community.
- Travel between the campuses to instruct assigned courses as needed.
- Encourage and foster student participation in professional organizations, College activities and community activities.
- May be required to serve as a student club sponsor.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Minimum qualifications: A Master’s Degree in Communications from a regionally accredited institution or a Master’s Degree in Speech or English with at least 18 graduate hours in the other discipline, in addition to, or within the degree. Prior teaching experience at the College level preferred.
Application Process: Review of applications will begin May 4, 2021. View complete job description and application at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy. Contact Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.