General Job Summary: This is a full-time position located on the Administration Building. Primary responsibility is to assist the Executive Director in the performance of his/her duties/activities. Process communication from the Executive Director to students, faculty, and staff, process billing and payments, report discrepancies and schedule/maintain vehicle fleet. In the Executive Director’s absence answer inquiries or direct to appropriate personnel. Organizational skills and a strong commitment to student and customer service are essential.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Maintain current budget reports for all normal and special projects. Process all billing using p-cards, voucher or Datatel.
- Process bills, requisitions, purchase orders and other forms or reports submitted to the Executive Director’s Office.
- Assist faculty, staff, and visitors in the Executive Director’s absence to resolve problems and answer inquiries.
- Coordinate scheduling of college vehicles, charge out mileage and maintain vehicle fleet.
- Order furniture and supplies for facilities.
- Prepare and distribute bid sheets and specifications for copy paper, uniforms, envelopes, vehicles, etc.
- Inform the Executive Director of campus events, incidents or occurrences affecting the welfare of students or staff.
- Complete insurance claim forms and send to Business Office.
- Maintain accurate records of facility keying records and of keys issued.
- Maintain utility comparison spreadsheet for all sites
- Schedule appointments with the Executive Director and maintain his/her calendar, and meetings, phone calls, etc.
- Share information on winter weather conditions and competently operate the Iowa Lakes Alert system.
- Inventory materials and supplies.
- Coordinate parade entries
- Supervise the scheduling of work-study students.
- Assist other Administrative Offices with duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate Degree or three or more years of experience in a related area are preferred. (A Bachelors’ Degree in a related area will receive added consideration.) Personal computer software knowledge and experience required. Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Datatel experience beneficial.
Salary: $ 17.45/hour
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.