General Job Summary: This is a full-time position (260 days) located in the Administrative Offices of Iowa Lakes Community College in Estherville. Primary responsibilities are to secure grants and contracts from external, public, and private sources to enhance and extend the educational and support services of the college.
% of Time
- Develop and submit, in cooperation with other College personnel, funding proposals which may be supervised by another administrative unit of the College or by the Office of Planning and Development.
- Identify grant and contract funding sources available from external organizations and individuals that will support the College’s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance in the organization, development, and/or modification of funding proposals to faculty and staff.
- Maintain and execute a College-wide program of awareness and support for College resource development needs, opportunities, and priorities.
- Author and/or assist in writing applications for other assigned projects (recognition, awards, accreditation, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance and support to personnel in project management, budget and project scope modification, ongoing project evaluation, project continuation reporting, and liaison activities with external funding agencies.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with College faculty, staff, and administrators and with community organizations, public and private agencies, and other professionals associated with the development and operation of grants and contracts.
- Act as project director for grant projects as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that necessary records and documentation are maintained to document proposal progress.
- Participate in voluntary and assigned committees of the College.
- Travel, as required, to state, regional, and national meetings or conferences.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related area required, Master’s Degree preferred. Experience level that allows for establishment of an acceptable portfolio of superb writing examples required, preference given to experience/portfolios of completed grants or grant proposals. Experience in actually directing or administering grant and/or fundraising desired.
Salary: $43,490 annually
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Retirement package.
Review of applications will begin May 17, 2021. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.