Cleans and maintains dishes in the kitchen, as well as serving and dining areas in the cafeteria. Assists with Conference Center events.
Accountable and Reports to: Executive Chef
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps dish area clean, organized and sanitary.
- Washes dishes and puts them away
- Inspects all dishes to make sure they are clean.
- Scrubs and hand washes all items unable to go through dish washer.
- Cleans cafeteria sitting area including vacuuming carpet, wiping tables, damp mopping and dusting.
- Gathers and transfers used plates and utensils, taking them to kitchen for washing.
- Keeps utensil containers and clean plates counter supplied.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in Conference Center.
- Helps plate up for banquets
- Stocks coffee supplies in break rooms.
- Stocks and assists with money counts on vending machines.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Six months or more of similar or related work experience required.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near and far range with or without correction.
- Must physically be able to perform medium work: lifting no more than 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects no more than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following physically activities: balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Functional verbal and written communication skills
- Functional interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with other people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
The duties of this position are performed in a food service setting. Frequent temperature extremes working with ovens, grills, refrigerators etc.; frequent equipment hazards with knives, slicers and mixer; exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents using bleach and Lime Away cleaning agents; exposure to electrical shock with plug in appliances; and frequent exposure to dirt and noise.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Cutting boards, knives/spoons, slicer, dishwasher, food processor, grill, fryer, and oven.
Has daily contact with employees, and general public.