Come join our team as we embark on an exciting journey in opening our new Office Furniture manufacturing facility in Milford, IA! As a Maintenance Supervisor with Mayline - Safco, you will be the change driver, leading process improvement initiatives that will yield major efficiencies and cost savings for the company. This role will be responsible for directing the tasks of the shift technicians during their daily work which will consist of preventative and operational maintenance in our manufacturing facility. The position will be working inter-functionally with Quality, Safety, Engineering, Shipping/Receiving, Production, HR and Purchasing. The position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor with specific experience in the following: knowledge of high-speed production equipment, maintenance experience and computer skills.
This full-time position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and is located in Mayline-Safco’s recently acquired plant located in Milford, IA.
ADDITIONALLY, IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensures adherence to the daily schedule
- Assigns employee’s their daily tasks
- Troubleshoots equipment problems
- Proactively works to reduce costs, simplify processes/operations, and improve product quality
- Partner with other departments by directing resources to address immediate concerns while continuing to address ongoing projects as needed
- Conducts performance evaluations. Facilitates development of employees through coaching, leading, and training. Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions as necessary
- Ensures 5S standards are followed and safety standards are complied with and employees work in a safe manner
- Ensures customer requirements are met
- Ensures reporting is completely and accurately filled out and done in a timely fashion (quality, efficiency and capacity reports)
- Creates and maintains an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensures maximization of the space, proper rotation of materials and cleanliness
- Ensure finished product to be shipped meets specifications and is shipped in a timely fashion per customer requirements
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF:
- You build strong teams. You inspire a team-centric culture with clearly defined performance expectations and a high level of accountability. Your team is confident in making decisions and motivated to drive continuous improvements. You lead by example and you’re recognized for instilling high standards with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- You’re a great communicator. Whether your communicating information across shifts or communicating today’s priorities to your team, people understand what is needed and are given an opportunity to be heard. You listen carefully and connect genuinely.
- You’re aligned to our core values. As a leader you care more about something greater than yourself, you promote innovation by creating a space for others where entrepreneurial spirit comes to life, you build trust by extending it first, and you strive for excellence as you drive strategy, develop top notch talent and collaborate to deliver results that everyone can celebrate.
TO QUALIFY, YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years minimum in maintenance, manufacturing, or related field.
- 2 -5 year’s supervisory experience for a manufacturing/industrial company required.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints (drawings).
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of Maintenance, safety, quality, auditing, motor controls, and conveyor drive systems.
- PLC and industrial scale electrical experience preferred
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Prior work experience with JDE/Oracle in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be able to efficiently organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to effectively present information to management and other employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit high attention to detail and exercise sound judgment in decisions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Only candidates who meet the minimum job requirements will be considered. This position does not provide financial support for relocation or Visa sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from independent recruiters or recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Learn more about our family of companies: www.LibertyDiversified.com