Assist maintenance personnel with all mechanical and hydraulic repairs on injection molding equipment, robotic systems, and associated auxiliary equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support training and development of other technicians.
- Assist other Plastic Technicians with projects.
- Provide technical support to supervisor.
- Maintain and record accurate parts inventory including preparing purchase requisitions.
- Provide support and involvement in developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules on equipment.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Participate in Cell Teams and 5S activities.
- Complete all new training requirements including, but not limited to robot programming and maintenance training (hydraulics and electrical).
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty may be required over holidays and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two year degree, or equivalent work experience and ongoing participation in training leading to a 2-year degree as available.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic and electrical prints.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software packages.
- Must have proven knowledge of the injection molding and auxiliary equipment operations.
- Must have exceptional mechanical and electrical abilities.
- Must be able to install and extract injection molds.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and have effective communication skills.
- Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
- Must be able to work at heights of 30+ft.
- Must be able to work in confined areas as needed.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Welding/fabrication experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain certification as Polaris forklift driver.