General Job Summary: This is a full-time faculty position primarily at the Estherville Campus. Instructor is responsible for teaching classes as defined by the College which includes classes taught face to face or over other virtual modalities. May include travel to other campuses. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures.
- Effectively organize, teach, and evaluate student performance and progress in assigned course offerings in accordance with established syllabi. Assignments may include various delivery formats, methods, work schedules, and locations.
- Assess student learning to evaluate, report and record student performance and progress according to College and division guidelines.
- Maintain current course syllabi and provide student guides for all courses taught.
- Maintain established office hours.
- Serve as academic advisor to students and make referrals, when deemed necessary, to other College personnel, such as the Registrar, Counselor, Financial Aid, etc. for more specialized information and assistance.
- Attend and serve on assigned and voluntary program and College committees.
- Assist in the development of new courses and revisions of existing courses in discipline area.
- Assist in the Marketing of College programs and admission of students, including recruitment and orientation of students.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities and keep current with developing trends and ideas in profession.
- Assist in the process of requesting and maintaining instructional equipment and supplies for classroom/laboratory use.
- Assist the supervisor in the budgeting process.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of communications within the College and community.
- Travel between the campuses to instruct assigned courses as needed.
- Encourage and foster student participation in professional organizations, College activities and community activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Present oneself in a classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and College guidelines, policies and practices.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, administrators, and other contacts.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Be a creative, energetic and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment, as well as embrace active learning concepts for the classroom.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree with at least 18 graduate credits in Math. Prior teaching experience at the postsecondary level preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with education and related experience for a 169-day contract.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick and personal leave. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.
Beginning date - Fall Term 2021. Review of applications will begin April 26, 2021. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 S. 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.