Seasons is a comprehensive Behavioral Health Center offering broad range of psychiatric and behavioral health services to communities in Northwest Iowa. As the largest behavioral health provider in Northwest Iowa, we are committed to providing Innovative, Impactful, and Influencing services to the communities we serve. Be part of that difference – join our team today!
We are currently seeking a full-time School Based Youth Services Worker to join our team in the Emmetsburg School District.
The School Based Youth Services Worker will:
- Provide services to children to assist with their behavioral health with the purpose of regaining or attaining maximum level of functioning
- Build positive relationships with students and advocate for them through identifying barriers to success and collaborating with school personnel, family members, mental health provider(s), juvenile court, and other key individuals to improve behavioral health and academic outcomes
- Interact with students to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development
- Assist in the investigation of school rule violations and overall student health, and help to identify at-risk behaviors
- Provide services designed to modify the psychological, behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and social factors affecting a member’s functioning
- Advise school personnel, including teachers, counselors, and administration, on the impact of a child’s mental and behavioral health on daily functioning, including their academic achievement and relationships
- Work as part of a collaborative team with other Seasons’ staff, school personnel, and referral sources in the community
- Monitors, evaluates, and documents client progress with respect to treatment goals
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field is required
- At least 1 year of experience in the psychiatric/human services field is required
- Experience providing BHIS (Behavioral Health Intervention Services) is preferred
- This position requires some travel, so a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
This is a full-time position based in the Emmetsburg School District. For more information, please visit us as www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 800-242-5101.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Benefits available to all eligible employees are available at the bottom of the careers tab at www.seasonscenter.org.