General Job Summary: This is a part-time position (27.5 hrs/week) at the Spencer Campus Success Center. Responsibilities include oversight of academic assistance services and personal instruction in remedial studies and student assessment on the Spencer Campus. Organizational skills and a strong commitment to customer service is essential.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- Provide individual and/or classroom instruction in developmental education courses, AEL, high school credit recovery courses, and Success Center courses.
- Work collaboratively with other Success Center staff for day-to-day assignments.
- Maintain progress reports and student records/files.
- Organize library materials.
- Proctor university and college exams.
- Participate in training and utilization of technological updates.
- Enroll students in AEL, college credit courses, high school completion classes and developmental education courses.
- Administer Accuplacer, CLEP, HiSET pretests, and other tests for college credit courses, high school completion courses, developmental education courses, and continuing education courses.
- Supervise and assist students in using computer technology for information retrieval.
- Upgrade college credit course curricula as necessary.
- Assist with student advising.
- Complete 12 hours of professional development per year.
- Attain CASAS and NCRC test proctor certification.
- Update AEL records.
- Assign mid-term and final grades for college credit courses, high school credit recovery classes, and developmental education classes.
- Assist students with accommodations.
- Utilize assessment results and help students interpret results individually.
- Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree required with preference given to Math, Science or English emphasis. Master's Degree preferred.
Salary: $20.25 per hour
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee retirement plan.
Application Process: The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Review of applications will begin July 6, 2021. View complete job description and application at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409 with questions. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.