General Job Summary: Performs a variety of network problem analysis and monitoring tasks for the Department of Technology HelpDesk; triages network problems to appropriate technical staff; logs, coordinates and tracks requests for assistance related to technology-supported systems as a primary user contact, as well as other tasks as assigned. This position coordinates with technology staff to provide resources necessary for the successful completion of each help desk request. A strong commitment to customer service and student satisfaction is essential.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
- HelpDesk-Generate work requests from phone calls, emails, and orders received. Provide quick fix or solution when possible. Assign work requests to a category, priority rating, technician, or queue. Monitor and review open requests.
- Performs a variety of network problem analysis and monitoring tasks for the HelpDesk.
- Respond appropriately to user requests and problems; performs initial problem analysis and triages problem to technical staff when appropriate.
- Maintains liaison with network users and technical staff to communicate the status of problem resolution to involved parties; logs and tracks requests for assistance related to IT-supported systems; gathers and logs appropriate demographic data related to each request.
- Participates in the preparation and distribution of procedure manuals and documentation for helpdesk use. Assists in the development of a comprehensive training plan for helpdesk procedures
- Provides assistance in the deployment of computer systems for users as needed.
- Conduct regular telephone HelpDesk meetings within department.
- Prepare communications from the Supervisor and distribute accordingly.
- Budgets-Develop, maintain, and rectify technology budgets. Keep records of all college technology ordering, charge out appropriate accounts, and send invoices for payment when orders are received.
- Purchase requisitions, Pcard reconciliation, and other forms or reports submitted to Administration.
- Other duties as assigned that are needed within the department.
Special Demands: Light to medium work. Position includes exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, and grasping frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work and repetitive motion constantly (67-100%). May be required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Personal computer software knowledge and experience including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related area and one to three years of related work experience preferred. Knowledge in Ellucian software and Microsoft PowerPoint preferred.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement package.
Review of applications will begin September 27, 2021. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334. EEO/AA Employer